Frequently Asked Questions
How do you insulate the booths?
Our booths are insulated with ground up blue denim which offers exceptional thermal and acoustic control.
Are your phone booths eco-friendly?
Yes, our booths are eco-friendly. We make your office privacy booths locally and we source our materials from a range of suppliers in the Bay Area. Our use of recycled and renewable insulation and wood materials makes the booth environmentally friendly and optimized for sound and temperature insulation. All wood used in the booth is sourced from local US forests.
What materials are used for your sound blocking office phone booths?
We use a combination of laminated, engineered wood panels that are all sourced from suppliers in the US. High-grade aluminum is used for the doors, that are manufactured in California.
What type of glass is used for your booths?
The ceiling is made of a high-grade safety plexi glass. The door is made of a dual pane tempered glass.
Do your phone booths have a ventilation system?
Yes, the booths have two powerful, yet quiet exhaust fans that exchange air in the booth in about one minute. Motion sensors automatically activate the ventilation fans as soon as you open the door so you can work comfortably.
What type of electrical requirements are needed to power a Zenbooth?
The booths only need to be plugged into a standard 110v (three prong) outlet after they've been assembled.
What electrical outlets are available inside the booth once powered?
Once the booth is plugged in, you can make use of 2 three prong outlets, 2 fast-charging USB ports, and 1 open port that allows you to hook up Ethernet or cable.
How long is the power cord?
15 feet long!
Where is the electrical and ventilation system located?
It is located on the back side of the Zenbooth.
Are the booths easily movable?
Yes! The Comfort Booth weighs 500lbs, and can easily be moved with furniture slider pads.
Can you easily disassemble the booths?
Yes! They are designed for easy assembly and disassembly.
How high is the desktop?
The desktop is 40" tall.
Do you offer any warranties?
Yes, we offer a limited three year warranty on all our Zenbooths.
What is your return policy?
Please see our terms & conditions for our full return policy.
The booths ship from our factory in Berkeley, California. All booths come in flat packed boxes and right to your door step. Once your Zenbooth arrives on site, we recommend hiring a handyman or Task Rabbit. Assembly is approximately 1-2 hours to build the one person Comfort Booth and 4-6 hours to build our two person Executive Booth.
Don't just take our word for it. Check out our customer reviews!
- Standard Shipping = 30 days (due to high demand) *Rush Shipping Upgrade Available
- Standard Shipping = 45 days (due to high demand)
2. Choose an install location.
3. Ensure adequate door swing space.
4. Ensure location is near a power outlet.
5. Ensure floor is flat - no slope or dips.
6. Clear a 10' x 10' space for the installation team.
7. Clear a 10' x 10' space for the installation team.
8. Book an installer. We can recommend experienced Task Rabbits in SF, New York and Boston.
1. Print out latest version of the instructions.
2. Clear a 6x10' space for the installation team.
3. There may be some light drilling during install.
4. Warn your team to be careful near install location.
Note: Installations may take up to 2 hours per booth.
Building and Fire Code Compliance
- 404.2.5 of the ADA required unmodified door thresholds to be a maximum of 1/2". Our door thresholds are exactly 1/2".
- 404.2.3 of the ADA requires doors to have an opening of at least 32". Zenbooths have a 36" wide door frame, and therefore meet this requirement.
- The booths can be easily moved without re-leveling to meet any accessibility requirements for walkways.
The booths should not be installed in a way that impedes visual or audio alarms in the event of an emergency. While the booths do reduce sound significantly, they have been designed so that alarms are both audible and visible through the ceiling and door.